Terms and Conditions
The term "VPP", "Virtual Pair Programmers" or "us" or "we" is a trading style of Capability Training and Management Ltd, the owner of the website whose registered office is 20 Moss Gardens, Leeds, LS17 7BH, UK. Our company registration number is 07181666 (England and Wales).
Our membership options are for single user use only. Your login cannot be used simultaneously on more than one computer or device.
These are a recurring subscription product, and you will be automatically re-billed on each anniversary of the purchase, until you chose to cancel the subscription. Subscriptions can be cancelled by following the link on the My Account page.
Your subscription allows you to watch tutorial videos online through your web browser only. The use of "spiders", site scrapers, and any programs similar in operation to leech material from our site is prohibited. We also prohibit manually attempting to download course material for offline use, including bypassing controls in place to prevent such activity, or through the use of screen capturing software. We have controls in place to detect such activity which is a breach of this Agreement and a violation of law. Subscribers acknowledge that the site uses advanced detection algorithms, including logging of subscriber's entry and use within the site. Upon detection, subscribers will have their accounts cancelled without refund. Where a subscription has run for less than 1 year, you agree to be charged the balance equivalent to a full year's subscription. In addition, Capability Training and Management Ltd reserves the right to seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Licencing (Course Purchases)
We offer single user and corporate licences. Single user licences can be purchased through this website and the relevant price is stated on each course page. For single user licences, the purchaser may download the course and make backup copies but only for their own individual use. Corporate licences, suitable for teams of 5 or more colleagues, can be purchased from Java Learning Solutions.
For large volume or other licencing queries, including educational establishments, please contact Java Learning Solutions.
Refund Policy (Membership)
Any request for a refund must be made from the contact page. Where a refund is granted, an administrative charge of USD $20 will be deducted from the amount refunded.
Recurring subscription payments are generally non-refundable. Where a subscription is cancelled during a billing period, we do not provide a refund for any unused portion.
European Union citizens may request a full refund at any time during the first 14 days after their first subscription begins. This 14 day period commences when access to the training materials is first granted. Where a free trial has been taken, the 14 day period starts when the free trial commences, which may be before you are first charged.
Product Return Policy (Course Purchase)
We offer a no-quibble 30 day money back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied you may return a product and request a refund, using the following procedure.
For course purchases which include the supply of a DVD, the DVD must be returned to us in its original packaging, at your own expense, within the 30 day period.
Although there is free shipping on some orders, the actual shipping charges which have incurred will be deducted from the original purchase before refunds/credits issued. Shipping charges are NOT refundable.
To request a refund, simply send us a message via our contact us page, and we will respond within 48 hours.
All DVD products are normally shipped within 2 working days of receiving your order.
We ship from the USA for purchases in North America, using USPS Priority Mail. Purchases within Europe are shipped from the UK using Royal Mail First Class Post.
For deliveries to other parts of the world we will use an equivalent first class postal service, with the aim of delivery within 10 working days, although this timescale cannot be guaranteed. Please note that import customs duties may be payable for customers located outside of the USA or the EU.
Although we offer free shipping for all DVD products purchased through this website, the actual costs incurred will not be refunded in the case of a DVD being returned to us. This cost is usually less than $10.
Please note that all DVD purchases made through this website entitle the purchaser to the instant access download, so you are welcome to download and start learning while waiting for your DVD to arrive.
Some of our DVDs are also available to buy on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. DVDs purchased through Amazon are subject to Amazon shipping costs and timescales and Amazon Terms and Conditions will apply. DVDs purchased through Amazon do not provide the purchaser with access to the instant download.
Product Terms and Conditions (Course Purchase)
By purchasing any product from VPP, you only obtain the right to store the material on your own PC or other device. Where a corporate licence has been purchased, we permit the product to be stored on Local Area Networks where the network clients belong to the same company. You may not make or distribute copies to any person or entity.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is capable of receiving and playing the downloads, and you are also responsible for the configuration of your computer for the practical exercises. We are unable to provide technical support on these issues.
Product Terms and Conditions (Membership)
By purchasing a membership subscription from VPP, you only obtain the right to stream the video material on your own PC or other device, and to download and keep the supporting course files. You may not store any of the course files on a network server, nor make or distribute copies to any person or entity.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is capable of streaming the videos, and you are also responsible for the configuration of your computer for the practical exercises. We are unable to provide technical support on these issues.
The content provided on the electronic downloads is for information purposes only. It is provided without any warranties of any kind.
We exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income or profits (whether direct or indirect), data, contracts, use of money, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence, contract or otherwise) in connection with this website or the Service, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
VAT / Sales Tax
For purchasers located within the European Union, where VAT or Sales Tax is due on the purchase this will be calculated and paid automatically, and a VAT receipt issued in due course.
For purchasers outside the European Union, you agree to act as our agent for abiding with and paying any local tax due.
Use of this website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- We will not be liable if for any reason our website is not operational. We do aim to provide 24 hour a day uptime.